Skip to main content

Where to go for support

The Here to Help section has information about how to get support with food costs and energy costs, along with details of Cost of Living Support Hubs which can provide hot food or food packages.

The following charities and community organisations offer help and advice on a wide range of subjects:

" "

Aspire is a drug and alcohol service & provides support for drug misuse.

Find out how to contact the Aspire Recovery Service.

The British Red Cross Refugee Services provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers in the UK.

Find out more about help for refugees and asylum seekers on the British Red Cross website.

GLADCA provide a wide range of support, including English classes and immigration advice. 

Find out how to contact Gladstone and District Community Association.

HELP provide opportunities to socialise and make friends or help with essentials such as food, clothing and toiletries.​

Find out how to contact Helping Empower Lives in Peterborough.

PARCA offer help with making claims for Universal Credit, Tax credits and other support.

Find out how to contact Peterborough Asylum and Refugee Community Association.

Support with immigration and visas

If you need support with immigration and visas there are a number of local and national organisations that offer advice and guidance. 

" "

Official government information on visas and immigration, including whether you need a visa, different requirements for work and study, and applying for British citizenship.

Find out more on the UK Visas and Immigration website.

The following organisations can help with finding legal advice on immigration:

Free and paid legal advice is also available from the following local law firms:

CECF provide advice and practical help to asylum seekers and refugees in Cambridge, including accessing asylum support, immigration advice, specialist counselling and ESOL.

Find out more on the Cambridge Ethnic Community forum website.

Use a local library to get free access to Go Citizen, an online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK test or British citizenship test. Go Citizen contains official study materials licensed from the Home Office, hundreds of practice test questions in the same format as the official test, and interactive learning resources and teaching aids.

CAB offer support and advice on topics such as getting visas for family members, getting British citizenship, benefits, services, and immigration status, the Windrush scheme, and much more.

Find out more on the Citizens Advice Bureau website.

The Member of Parliament for Peterborough and the Member of Parliament for North West Cambridgeshire can also assist with some immigration and issues experienced by local residents.