Fixed penalty notices are issued for environmental crimes and breaches of a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO).
Fixed penalty notices can be issued by either Police Constables, Police Community Support Officers, Prevention and Enforcement Service (PES) officers who work for the council or by the private enforcement company, Kingdom, who act on our behalf.
Offences which you may be given a fixed penalty notice for include:
- Breaching a condition of a Public Spaces protection Order (PSPO)
- Spraying graffiti
- Dog fouling
Pay a Fixed Penalty Notice
If you’ve been issued with a fixed penalty notice you should pay the fine within 14 days of the date shown on the ticket. However, if you pay it within seven days, the amount payable will reduce to £60.
There are two types of FPN, the options for paying the fine will depend on who issued the ticket:
If your ticket has been issued by a council PES officer:
- By telephone: Call 01733 454403 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Credit and debit card payments only. Please have your fixed penalty notice number ready.
- In person: Payment can be made at the cash office, Bayard Place, Broadway, Peterborough. Opening hours are:
- Monday 9am to 2pm
- Tuesday 9am to 2pm
- Wednesday 9am to 2pm
- Thursday 9am to 2pm
- Friday 9am to 2pm
Please note: the cash office is closed on Bank Holidays.
- By post: Payment can be made by sending a cheque to Peterborough City Council, Bayard Place, Broadway, PE1 1HZ. Please allow two working days for 1st class and five working days for 2nd class post. Cheques should be payable to Peterborough City Council. Please do not send cash by post and please include the referent number of the fixed penalty notice.
If your ticket has been issued by Kingdom Services:
- By telephone: Call 0333 313 4301 using a debit or credit card.
- Online: Use the FPN payment form and follow the online instructions.
- In person: You can pay by cash at any PayPoint outlet, you will need to present the fixed penalty notice containing your unique barcode and you will need to pay in full. You can find the nearest PayPoint locations on the paypoint website.
Please note: payment of a Kingdom fixed penalty notice must be made via the payment methods detailed above and cannot be paid at any of Peterborough City Council’s offices. If you have any queries, please call 01733 317979 to speak to the Kingdom Administrator.
If you pay the fixed penalty in full within 14 days there will be no further action.
If you fail to pay the fixed penalty notice within the 14 days you face having the matter dealt with by the court.