- The first admissions round has now closed (deadline 31 October 2020). Offers sent out 1 March. View how places were allocated.
- The second admissions round has now closed (deadline of 31 March 2021). Offers sent out 27 April 2021. View how places were allocated.
- Late applications made after the 1st April will be processed in date order until the 31 August 2021
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 and you live in Peterborough you will need to apply for a transfer from primary (year 6) to secondary school (year 7) for September 2021.
If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 and you live in Peterborough and attend a middle school, you will need to apply for a transfer to upper school for September 2021. (Peterborough does not have any Upper schools this is only for applying to other Local Authority Upper Schools).
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry with a September 2021 start date, please complete an in-year admission application
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Peterborough resident you will make your application through the Peterborough Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Peterborough.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'Secondary School Admission' document. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The document also contains a list of all the secondary schools in the Peterborough area, along with their allocation criteria.
Greater Peterborough University Technical College will be offering places to Year 7 for September 2021.
If you want to apply for a school place at the UTC for year 7 for September 2020, you can only make an application by contacting email@example.com to request an application form by email.
You can apply for a year 7 place at the UTC between 31st May – 18th June. Your application must be received between these dates to be considered.
If you have already received an offer for September 2021 you will still retain this offer, but if you apply for the UTC, and are successful you will receive notification of offer by email by 28th June. You will then need to confirm which school place you wish to retain within 5 days of the notification.
If there are more applications than places available, applications will be measured against the oversubscription criteria available on the Greater Peterborough UTC website.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'Secondary School Admission' document before submitting your application.
Making your application
You must apply using our late application form.