- The first admissions round has now closed (deadline 31 October 2020) if you submitted your application during the first round you will receive your offer on 1 March 2021
- If you have not applied, or want to change your preferences. You must submit a late application before the deadline of 31 March 2021. You will receive your offer on 27 April 2021.
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 and you live in Peterborough you will need to apply for a transfer from primary (year 6) to secondary school (year 7) for September 2021.
If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 and you live in Peterborough and attend a middle school, you will need to apply for a transfer to upper school for September 2021. (Peterborough does not have any Upper schools this is only for applying to other Local Authority Upper Schools).
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry with a September 2021 start date, please complete an in-year admission application
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Peterborough resident you will make your application through the Peterborough Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Peterborough.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'Secondary School Admission' document. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The document also contains a list of all the secondary schools in the Peterborough area, along with their allocation criteria.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'Secondary School Admission' document before submitting your application.
Making your application
You must apply online using our Citizen's Portal.