Please note: Ofsted are changing the way they inspect and report on schools.The new framework sets out how they will inspect:
- state schools
- further education and skills providers
- non-association independent schools
- registered early years settings
More information can be found on the gov.uk website.
Before applying for a secondary school place, we recommend that you read our Admission Booklet. This will explain the application process from start to finish and contains a list of all the secondary schools in Peterborough, along with their catchment areas and allocation criteria.
We also encourage you to find out more about schools in Peterborough by:
- Checking you're applying to the correct council
- Checking your school catchment areas
- Visit the school directory to see school info and visit websites
- Reading Ofsted reports
- Checking Department for Education performance tables
- Visiting schools
- Checking whether the school requires a Supplementary Information Form
Information about how to apply for a place for your child in Year 7 will be available on the Peterborough City Council website on Thursday 12 September 2019.
Before you get started, it's important to check if this applies to your child. Children born between:
- 1 September 2008 - 31 August 2009 are due to join Year 7 in September 2020
You will need to apply after the application round opens on 12 September 2019 and before the national closing date of 31 October 2019.
If you have made an application in the first round, you can make any changes to your preferences or address via our "Amendment Form" which can be found in the Parent Portal.
You can find detailed guidance about admissions for special schools on the education page of the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) section.