Secondary National Offer Day - 1 March 2017
If you applied by 31 October, there are a number of ways to find out the school place your child has been offered:
- Notification letters will be sent out to you today - 1st March 2017 - by 1st class post.
- If you have applied online, you will be able to login to the account you set up when you applied to see the school your child has been offered.
- Check your email account, an email has been to your email account confirming the school your child has been offered.
If your application was late, you will be contacted at a later date.
To accept the school place you have been offered
- You can accept a school place by contacting the school you have been offered directly no later than 15 March. OR
- Login to the account you set up to accept the school place online.
To decline a school place
- If you wish to refuse a place, please email email@example.com
- Be aware that if you refuse the place you have been offered, that place will be offered on to the next child on the waiting list, leaving your child without a school place. You will not be able to come back to that place in the future unless there are still places available at that particular school.
For all other enquiries or queries
- If you have any queries, the admissions line 01733 864007 will be open from 12pm to 5pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, email your enquiries to admissions@peterborough.
Please note we will NOT tell you the school your child has been offered over the phone - so please do not call to ask. There are also no facilities to come and pick up a notification letter from reception at Baryard place.
School admission appeals
If you would like to appeal against the school place your child has been offered, you can find out how to do this on the school admission appeals page.
Secondary schools admissions guide
The parents and carers guide will help you choose the right school and understand how the application process works. Please read it carefully, look at the school websites and visit the schools in your area before applying.
There are currently 12 secondary schools in Peterborough. A new secondary school, Hampton Gardens School, is also due to open in September 2017. The admissions over subscriptions criteria for each of the secondary schools can be found in the admissions booklet.
As part of the school admissions process you will be asked to provide proof of address, the guide below will help you to make sure you have provided the correct information and avoid any delays in the application.
The National Curriculum organises the year groups as follows:
- Aged between 11 and 12 school year 7 - Key Stage 3
- Aged between 12 and 13 school year 8 - Key Stage 3
- Aged between 13 and 14 school year 9 - Key Stage 3
- Aged between 14 and 15 school year 10 - Key Stage 4
- Aged between 15 and 16 school year 11 - Key Stage 4
Admissions guidance for Special Schools
You can find detailed guidance about admissions for Special Schools on the education page of the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) section.
Making changes to a school place application - 2016/17
You can use the changes to a school place application form to make changes to a Reception, Year 3 or Year 7 application for September 2017 once your application has been submitted and downloaded. You must NOT use this form to make changes to an in-year application.
Any amendments received by midnight on 31 October 2016 for Year 7 for September 2016 will be considered in the 1 March 2017 allocation. Any submitted after this deadline will be processed at the end of March 2017.
If you have applied for a school place for September 2017 but would now like to make changes to that application you can do this through the online admissions system using the login details you created to setup an account.