We operate a purchase order payment system which is reliant on a purchase order number matching your invoice. All our staff are required to issue suppliers with a purchase order number.
In order to ensure that we pay you promptly, you must:
- Request a purchase order number from a council staff member when they place an order with you
- Be in possession of a purchase order number before you provide goods, works or services to us
- Quote the purchase order number on the invoice you send us so we can match it to the order and subsequently pay you
Please do not accept verbal or written instruction to supply us with goods or services from any staff member until they have provided you with a purchase order number.
If you submit an invoice without quoting a purchase order number, we will reject it and ask you to resubmit the invoice with the correct purchase order number. This is likely to cause delays in processing payments on time.
Invoices we receive must contain:
- Company name and address
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Valid purchase order number
- Name of the service area requesting goods / services and / or a council contact person
- Full description of the goods / services supplied
- For each line item: quantity, description, unit price, net value, VAT rate, VAT value, line total
- Invoice totals: net, VAT, gross
Supplier invoices must be addressed to:
Peterborough City Council
PO Box 1419
To ensure the timely processing and payment, please send all invoices in PDF electronically to email@example.com. Please quote a valid purchase order number.
- Our standard terms of payment are 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice
- Payment method is by BACS transfer
- Please provide your bank account details and an email address for the remittance advice to be sent to