Skip to main content

Complain about a councillor

If you wish to make a complaint about a city or parish councillor in Peterborough, please complete our online form below.

We acknowledge complaints within five working days.

Guidance on complaints and confidentiality

Please note that we also refer to councillors as 'members' as in 'member of the council'. You may see both terms used throughout this process.

We have published two guidance documents about complaints and confidentiality. They set out how to complain about a councillor and our arrangements for dealing with such complaints.

Councillors' Code of Conduct

All standards matters, including consideration and determination of outstanding complaints, are the responsibility of the council.

You can find the Councillors' Code of Conduct as part of the council's constitution

The Localism Act 2011

The Localism Act 2011 introduced significant changes to the standards regime.

'The Localism Act 2011 states 27(1) "A relevant authority must promote and maintain high standards of conduct by members and co-opted members of the authority."

Each authority adopts and determines the content of their own Code of Conduct.

Further information about our councillors

You can find further information on the role of a councillor and political groups on the councillor information page.

The arrangements detail the procedures for dealing with complaints, the standards regime is dealt with by the Constitution and Ethics Committee.

Contact details

You can contact our Monitoring Officer using the following details:

Monitoring Officer
Chief Executive’s Department
Peterborough City Council
Town Hall
Bridge Street