Peterborough City Council's Housing Needs team has a common Housing Register and a joint allocations policy which was agreed in partnership with ten housing associations who have accommodation in Peterborough. This forms the Peterborough Homes partnership.
Properties that become available through housing associations in the Peterborough Homes partnership are advertised through the Choice Based Lettings scheme and Peterborough Homes Housing Jigsaw website.
Anyone aged 16 or over (including those with no fixed abode) may be placed on the housing register, except for:
- people from abroad subject to immigration control or regulations
- people prescribed as ineligible by regulations made by the Secretary of State
- people we consider unsuitable tenants due to unacceptable behaviour.
Please note: In order to provide housing solutions as efficiently as possible, we do not accept paper applications.
|Circumstance||We will need|
|For each applicant||
|If you own your own home or have owned a property in the last six years||
|If anyone included in the application is from an EU Country||
|If anyone included in the application is a former asylum seeker or from outside the EU||
For each child included in the application
|If anyone included in the application is pregnant||
|If anyone included in the application is currently serving or has left service of the British Armed Forces in the last 5 years||
|If anyone included in this application is aged 16 or 17 and/or leaving care or being looked after by Social Services||
- If you already have a live Housing Register application and had a bidding number on our old system please do not apply again.
- If you have already contacted a Housing Solution officer regarding your housing situation, do not apply again but speak to them for advice.
- If you have not received a registration email for our new Housing Jigsaw system please email email@example.com quoting your old bidding number.
To apply to join the Housing Register, you need to complete an online application via the Peterborough Homes Housing Jigsaw website.
Register by clicking 'Customer Registration' and following the instructions.
Once registered and logged in, you can then click 'Join the Housing Register' to start your application.
Once you have applied, signed and provided documentation, your application for the Housing Register will be assessed and we will endeavour to assess applications within 28 days. You will be unable to bid for properties until your application has been assessed.