Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
While they have a number of our recycling and waste crews who need to self-isolate, Aragon Direct Services are prioritising black bin collection and some areas will have a delay in their recycling collections.
Bulky waste and small items collections are suspended until further notice.
Last updated: 13 January 2021
Free household small items collection
A free small item collection service is available. Collection of certain items benefits the environment by recycling items that might otherwise be thrown away and end up in landfill.
Please note: The free household small items collection is temporarily unavailable.
Book a small items collection
You can book a small items collection by calling 01733 747474 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm) and pay with your debit or credit card over the phone.
- Clothes, paired shoes, bags, belts,hats, curtains, bed linen and towels
- Toys, books, CDs, small household objects,pictures and paintings
- Small electrical items: kettles, irons, mixers,lamps, radios, CD players, hair dryers,hair straighteners, fans and razors
- Broken toys
- General household waste
- Glass and ceramics
Items are to be placed in a clear bag. Textiles are to be separated from other items and so presented in separate bags. Please place items outside by 6.45am, where your bins are usually collected from.
Household bulky waste and electrical goods collection
Book a bulky waste collection
You can book a bulky waste collection by calling 01733 747474 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm) and pay with your debit or credit card over the phone.
- Only items from list A as listed below are eligible and all list B will still be subject to charge.
- There is a charge of £23.50 per collection for items on list A below, Items on list B will be quoted on an individual basis.
- Please ensure items are placed out by 6.45am and left where your black bin is normally collected from.
List A - £23.50 collection charge for items from the list below
- Beds, bed bases, mattresses and headboards
- Sofas and armchairs
- Chest of drawers
- *Fridges and freezers
- Tables and dressing tables
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Cookers and microwaves
- Pushchairs and prams
- Hoovers, TV, Hi-Fi stereos and video players
- Garden furniture and garden play equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Gas heaters (not cylinders) and electric heaters
- Carpet and carpet tiles
Please note: We are not currently able to provide quotes on the items listed below.
List B - Items will be quoted on an individual basis
- Loose or bagged ceramic tiles
- Fish tanks and water tanks
- TV aerials and satellite dishes
- Rotary washing line
- Metal, concrete, builders waste/rubble, soil and paint tins
- Laminate flooring
- Single garage doors and extension ladders
- Radiators, storage heaters, boilers, and gas cylinders
- Lawnmowers and strimmers
- Garden fences, DIY materials, wood, internal/external doors and garden gates
- Wash basins, baths, toilets and sinks
- Sheds and greenhouses (must be dismantled and ready for collection)
- Kitchen units
We do not collect car parts, asbestos, *commercial fridges or mobility scooters. If an item does not appear on either list you can contact us to ask if the item can be collected and you will be given an individual quote.
Please note: examples of commercial fridges include large glass-fronted beer fridges/bottle coolers, display fridges, ice cream fridges (glass topped ones) and any other large glass fronted fridges. In general, anything that does not look like a domestic household fridge.
You can take a wide range of items to the Household Recycling Centre free of charge, or contact a local charity shop to see if they can offer a free collection. Alternatively, you can use Freecycle Peterborough which is a website that allows you to offer items for free to local people within your community for reuse. Reuse schemes reduce the burden on landfill making a positive difference to our environment.
Tesco also offer residents a recycling service on ink cartridges, providing a free postal service whereby residents can earn 125 Clubcard points or donate up to £1.25 for each cartridge recycled.