The SaferPeterborough partnership is made up of statutory and voluntary organisations who work together to deliver the partnership priorities.
These organisations include:
- Peterborough City Council
- Cambridgeshire Police
- Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
They work with a wide range of other services across the public and voluntary sector, as well as community groups.
Co-operating authorities are crucial to the success of the SaferPeterborough Partnership, they play a key part in delivering the objectives of the Partnership plan.
Co-operating authorities include:
- Cambridgeshire Criminal Justice Board
- Cambridgeshire Magistrates
- Citizen's Advice Bureau
- Cross Keys Homes
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Her Majesty's Court Service
- HMP Peterborough
- Jobcentre Plus
- Peterborough and Fenland Mind
- Peterborough Council for Voluntary Service
- Peterborough Family Mediation Service
- Peterborough Racial Equality Council
- Victim Support
SaferPeterborough Partnership Plan
The Safer Peterborough Partnership Plan outlines the partnership's priorities for 2017 - 2020 to improve community safety across Peterborough. We use an evidence-based approach to identify our priorities, we analysed crime and other data and conducted a survey to gather people's views about crime and anti-social behaviour. This helped us decide the areas to focus on in the partnership plan.
Our priorities for 2017 - 2020 are:
- Building Resilient Communities
- Offender Management
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour and Environmental Crime.
SaferPeterborough is committed to ensuring that any member of our community can have access to information in the Partnership Plan.
It is important you know:
- The areas of business that we consider to be most important
- What we are going to do to improve in these areas
- How we will know if we have been successful
To ensure you have access to as much information, we will:
- Publish a summary of the plan in easily understood language
- Ensure the full plan is easily accessible to those who wish to see more detail than contained in the summary
- Have available on a quarterly basis our performance against our targets
- Hold at least two ‘Face the People’ consultation events to allow you to question the partnership about performance