We are responsible for maintaining approximately 24,000 street lights and over 2,500 illuminated traffic signs and bollards across the greater Peterborough area.
Street lights should operate from dusk until dawn. Lights in pedestrian subways are usually on 24 hours a day.
Report a street lighting fault
Please take note of the following three items prior to reporting a faulty street light:
- The location of the street light (street or road name, outside which house number)
- The marked number on the post (usually found on the side facing the road)
- A description of the fault e.g. ‘light off at night’, ‘light on in daytime’ or ‘damaged due to vandalism’
Notify us of a faulty street light:
- Online - via our reporting tool system
- Phone - 01733 453523 (there is a voicemail messaging service available for out-of-hours routine messages)
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We attend to normal street lighting repairs within seven days of receiving report. We aim to inspect the unit and carry out repairs to fix the fault in one visit if possible. However, if particular difficulties have arisen, such as an electricity supply cable fault, or if we have problems accessing the column for example, the repair may take longer.
For emergencies where there is an immediate danger to life, please call as appropriate: