About the publication scheme
The scheme commits Peterborough City Council as an authority:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.
- To publish any dataset held by the authority that has been requested, and any updated versions it holds, unless the authority is satisfied that it is not appropriate to do so; to publish the dataset, where reasonably practicable, in an electronic form that is capable of re-use; and, if any information in the dataset is a relevant copyright work and the public
Classes of information
In line with the Information Commissioner’s model, our Publication Scheme contains seven classes of information:
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews. These can also be found in service areas and through reports to committee.
How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
Our policies and procedures
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
The Services we Offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
The above classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Some information may only be available in hard copy and some information will only be available for inspection. Where this is the case, this will be made clear on the Council’s website.
How to request additional information not covered by this scheme
The Council includes as much information in the Publication Scheme as it can.
If you cannot find what you are looking for you can make a request for the information that is not published under this scheme. Your request should be made in writing and will be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
Who to contact
For information concerning the Scheme or if you wish to make a written request for other information please contact the Freedom of Information Team.
The information described in this scheme can be found on the Council’s website.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request or have a suggestion or compliment, then please contact:-
The Information Manager
Peterborough City Council
Sand Martin House
Telephone: 01733 452533
If after going through the Council’s formal complaint and appeals system you are still not satisfied, then you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner at the address shown below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
The Council aims to make its Publication Scheme as user friendly as possible and welcomes your feedback. If you have any suggestions or compliments, we need to know so that we can improve our service to you.
Advice and assistance
If you need help to make a request for information you may contact the Freedom of Information Team as above.
Re-use of information
Public sector information means information that we as a council produces as part of our core role and functions (also known as Public Task). Information that is not held as part of our public task would not be covered by RPSI.
Further information is available on our Re-use of council information page.
Please note: you may re-use any documents supplied for your own use, including for non-commercial research purposes. Documents may also be used for news reporting. However, any other type of re-use, for example by publishing the documents or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner, where copyright exists. Such a request would be considered separately in accordance with the relevant Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 and is not automatic. Therefore no permission is implied in the re-use of these documents, until such a request for re-use has been made and agreed, subject to any appropriate conditions.
Please note: You may re-use any dataset provided, for example in response to an FOI request, (excluding logos) free of charge, in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence v2.0. To view this licence, visit the National Archives website or email email@example.com. Where we have identified any third-party copyright information, you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
Please note: Users reproducing Peterborough City Council content without adaptation should include a source accreditation to Peterborough City Council: Source: Peterborough City Council licensed under the Open Government Licence v.2.0. Users reproducing content which is adapted should include a source accreditation to Peterborough City Council: Adapted from data from Peterborough City Council licensed under the Open Government Licence v.2.0.