Business waste is not accepted at this site. If you want to dispose of business waste please visit our business waste page.
Waste is accepted at the site manager's discretion. If you want to find out more about the types and quantities of waste that we accept, information is available in our Waste Disposal Policy.
If you are using a van or trailer to dispose of your waste you will need to apply for a permit.
- Household Recycling Centre,
- From 1 April to 30 September
- 8am to 6pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 8am to 8pm Monday and Thursday
- From 1 October to 31 March
- 8am to 4pm everyday
- Special dates
- Open on bank holidays until 4pm - site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, the site closes from 12noon.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the stated closing times to avoid refusal to the site.
Sometimes the Household Recycling Centre may have to close at short notice due to bad weather conditions which can cause slippery surfaces and affect operations preventing safe access. These occasions will be announced on our homepage.
If in doubt, please telephone 01733 747474 for up to date information on the recycling centre, or save your visit for another day.
Disposing of other items
White goods in working order can be taken to our WEEE Reuse facility where they will be redistributed to charities and low income families.
If you are looking to dispose of furniture in a reasonable condition, please consider passing these items on to a local charity, such as:
- Salvation Army 01733 348777 or 553388
- Sue Ryder Care 01733 235430
- CareZone 01733 575083