How to arrange a bulky waste collection
Please call us on 01733 747474 between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
When you call us, you'll need to make payment via credit or debit card.
We charge £23.50 for List A items - limited to five items per collection.
We quote for items on List B on an individual basis. The List B collection service is currently unavailable.
How many items we can collect
You are limited to five items per collection and one collection per day.
We will not collect any items that you do not include when you book the service. Please do not leave any extra items for collection.
Where to put your items on collection day
On collection day, please make sure you:
- Place your items outside by 6.45am
- Put all the items for collection together
- Leave the items where we normally collect your black bin from - where our Collection Team can see them easily
- Leave the items safely
- Don't block pedestrian access or obstruct the highway
Our Collection Team cannot enter properties or gardens.
Collection can take place anytime between 6.45am and 4.30pm on collection day.
Please be aware there are three vehicles for collecting different types of bulky waste. They may arrive at your property at different times of the day.
Please try and arrange your items into three separate groups:
- Electrical items
- Soft furnishings
- Anything else
Items we can collect
List A (five items per collection)
- Beds, bed bases, mattresses and headboards
- Sofas and armchairs
- Chest of drawers
- Fridges and freezers
- Tables and dressing tables
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Cookers and microwaves
- Pushchairs and prams
- Hoovers, TV, Hi-Fi stereos and video players
- Garden furniture and garden play equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Gas heaters (not cylinders) and electric heaters
- Carpet and carpet tiles
List B (quoted on an individual basis) - service currently unavailable
- Loose or bagged ceramic tiles
- Fish tanks and water tanks
- TV aerials and satellite dishes
- Rotary washing line
- Metal, concrete, builders waste / rubble, soil and paint tins
- Laminate flooring
- Single garage doors and extension ladders
- Radiators, storage heaters, boilers, and gas cylinders
- Lawnmowers and strimmers
- Garden fences, DIY materials, wood, internal/external doors and garden gates
- Wash basins, baths, toilets and sinks
- Sheds and greenhouses (must be dismantled and ready for collection)
- Kitchen units
Items we don't collect
- Car parts
- Mobility scooters
- Commercial fridges (Examples of commercial fridges include large glass-fronted beer fridges / bottle coolers, display fridges, ice cream fridges (glass topped ones) and any other large glass fronted fridges. In general, anything that does not look like a domestic household fridge)
What to do if we haven't collected your bulky waste on the arranged day
If we haven't collected your bulky waste on the arranged day, please call us on 01733 747474.
Please note that we have three different vehicles for different types of bulky waste. They may arrive at different times during the day, between 6.45am and 4.30pm.
Cancellations and amendments
Please make any amendments or cancellations by 3pm the day before your collection. Please call us on 01733 747474.
If, on the day of collection, someone else other than Aragon Direct Services (on behalf of Peterborough City Council) removes your items, we will not issue a refund.
We will not issue a refund for uncollected items that were not listed for collection.
Disposing of other items
If you are looking to dispose of furniture in a reasonable condition, please consider passing these items on to a local charity, such as:
You can take a wide range of items to the Household Recycling Centre free of charge, or contact a local charity shop to see if they can offer a free collection.
Tesco also offer residents a recycling service on ink cartridges, providing a free postal service whereby residents can earn 125 Clubcard points or donate up to £1.25 for each cartridge recycled.