Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: From the week commencing 1 April 2022, bulky waste collections will be charged at £23.50 with 30 slots daily allowing up to 5 items per collection. These will all be List A items and collected on the resident's black bin collection day.
Residents will be able to book the bulky collection as normal through Peterborough Direct.
Household bulky waste and electrical goods collection
You can book a bulky waste collection for the items listed below.
- There is a charge of £23.50 for List A items limited to 5 items per collection.
- Items on List B will be quoted on an individual basis (this service is currently unavailable)
List A (5 items per collection)
- Beds, bed bases, mattresses and headboards
- Sofas and armchairs
- Chest of drawers
- Fridges and freezers
- Tables and dressing tables
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Cookers and microwaves
- Pushchairs and prams
- Hoovers, TV, Hi-Fi stereos and video players
- Garden furniture and garden play equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Gas heaters (not cylinders) and electric heaters
- Carpet and carpet tiles
List B (Quoted on an individual basis) (this service is currently unavailable)
- Loose or bagged ceramic tiles
- Fish tanks and water tanks
- TV aerials and satellite dishes
- Rotary washing line
- Metal, concrete, builders waste/rubble, soil and paint tins
- Laminate flooring
- Single garage doors and extension ladders
- Radiators, storage heaters, boilers, and gas cylinders
- Lawnmowers and strimmers
- Garden fences, DIY materials, wood, internal/external doors and garden gates
- Wash basins, baths, toilets and sinks
- Sheds and greenhouses (must be dismantled and ready for collection)
- Kitchen units
We do not collect car parts, asbestos, commercial fridges or mobility scooters. If an item does not appear on either list, please contact us to ask if the item can be collected and you will be given an individual quote.
Please note: Examples of commercial fridges include large glass-fronted beer fridges/bottle coolers, display fridges, ice cream fridges (glass topped ones) and any other large glass fronted fridges. In general, anything that does not look like a domestic household fridge.
Book a bulky waste collection
You can book a bulky waste collection by calling 01733 747474 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and pay with your debit or credit card over the phone.
- Only items from List A (limited to 5 items per collection) are eligible for the £23.50 collection and all items on List B will be quoted on an individual basis.
- Please ensure items are placed out by 6.45am and left where your black bin is normally collected from.
Disposing of other items
If you are looking to dispose of furniture in a reasonable condition, please consider passing these items on to a local charity, such as:
You can take a wide range of items to the Household Recycling Centre free of charge, or contact a local charity shop to see if they can offer a free collection.
Alternatively, you can use Freecycle Peterborough which is a website that allows you to offer items for free to local people within your community for reuse. Reuse schemes reduce the burden on landfill making a positive difference to our environment.
Tesco also offer residents a recycling service on ink cartridges, providing a free postal service whereby residents can earn 125 Clubcard points or donate up to £1.25 for each cartridge recycled.