Junction improvement scheme - junction of Edgerley Drain Road, Storey's Bar Road and Vicarage Farm Road
The junction improvement marks the final project in a package of schemes designed to improve highways infrastructure in the Eastern Industries (Fengate) area of the city. The scheme has been designed to complement the works on Oxney Road near to Sainsburys, Junction 7 signalised junction of the Fletton Parkway and the Newark Road / Oxney Road junction scheme that is nearing completion.
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) awarded us £6.6m to deliver the four projects. This final phase will cost in the region of £1.8m.
The improvements will take place between 13 November 2023 and the end of March 2024. The works include:
- Junction widening
- Dedicated right hand turn on Storey's Bar Road
- Shared cycleway and footway
- Upgraded signals and toucan crossing points
To deliver the scheme, we need to put some road closures in place. Please see details below. We are also advertising these closures on-site and on our social media channels:
- Storey's Bar Road from its junction with Edgerley Drain Road to Pearces Road
- Closed between 13 November 2023 and 28 March 2024
- Diversions will be signposted
- Vicarage Farm Road from its junction with Newark Road to Edgerley Drain Road
- Closed between 24 November 2023 and 28 March 2024
- Diversions will be signposted
Our highways partner Milestone Infrastructure is completing the works. They will make every effort to minimise disruption.
Please email email@example.com for any enquiries.
APV Baker Footbridge
In conjunction with our highways partner Milestone, we are scheduled to start works on the APV Baker footbridge over the A15 Paston Parkway.
Following completion of phase one, which included works to the bridge where it crosses over the parkway, further works are required to stabilise the ground, correct the movement of the ramps and the replacement of bearings. The interventions are required to prevent further movement in the future.
The works are scheduled to start on the 10 November 2023 and complete in spring 2024. Some works will require a single lane closure of the southbound carriageway between the hours of 9.30am and 3.30pm. A 40mph speed limit will be in place through the project delivery to ensure the safety of the workforce whilst on site.
The stabilisation of the banks is required to ensure the future use of the footbridge which provides a crucial link to housing, education and employment. Following review of requirement, the project was considered essential and has been funded corporately by Peterborough City Council and will cost in the region of £750,000.
Junction 3 Highways Improvement Scheme
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority has awarded us funding to deliver major highway improvements at Junction 3 of Fletton Parkway (roundabout junction of Fletton and Nene Parkway).
Currently growing traffic volumes and limited capacity at the junction is contributing to increased congestion, particularly during peak hours. The introduction of additional lanes on the north, east and south arms of the junction will increase the junction capacity and improve journey times. The project will also signalise the north and south arms of the junction to manage and maximise the flow of traffic through the junction.
Mobilisation works to establish the site compound will commence on 3 July 2023. The main works and traffic management will start on site on 17 July 2023 and continue into spring 2024. In an effort to avoid excessive disruption, works will be limited during the Christmas period.
You can find details of current expected road closures below and on the attached location plan.
- Fletton Parkway Junction 3 westbound off slip - 24 hour closure from 17 July to December 2023
- Fletton Parkway Junction 3 eastbound on slip - 24 hour closure from 18 July to December 2023
- Fletton Parkway westbound Junction 3a (Ikea) to Junction 3 - night closure 8pm to 6am on 17 July and 29 November 2023
- Nene Parkway southbound Junction 31 Longthorpe Parkway to Fletton Parkway - night closure 8pm to 6am on 18 July and 30 November 2023
- Hargate Way northbound Buckthorn Road to The Serpentine - night closure 8pm to 6am on 8 January and 28 March 2024
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Travel Fund
We have received more funding from Government as part of the Active Travel Fund. Approximately £470,000 will be spent on further cycling / walking measures in Peterborough. We are currently undertaking feasibility work to identify viable schemes and have also setup a Cross Party Working Group to assist in the delivery of this fund.
We will update this page when further information becomes available and the attached consultation plan discusses what steps we will take prior to any works being carried out. For enquiries please email email@example.com.