We are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and replacement of street nameplates within our authority area, with the exception of new developments and private roads, where the developer is responsible and must also adhere to our specification. Our aim is to replace missing nameplates (where there is only one nameplate serving the street) within 28 days and complete other works including repairing unsafe or illegible nameplates within three months.
When reporting a defective or missing street nameplate, please provide as much information as possible such as:
- Street name
- House number
- Nearby shops or landmarks
- Nature of the damage.
To report a street nameplate, please contact customer services.
We issue and maintain all property addresses and street names within our authority area. You must contact us if you are:
- an individual or developer who is building new houses, flats or commercial premises
- an individual or developer who is converting existing residential or commercial premises resulting in the creation of new properties or premises
- any person wishing to change their existing address
If planning permission is required for the work you are carrying out, new addresses will not be issued until permission has been granted.
It is important to inform us as soon as possible, as it may take up to eight weeks for street names and addresses to be issued. It is your responsibility to contact us to allow sufficient time for this. If you require this service, please contact customer services or email LLPG@peterborough.gov.uk.
The following fees are applied until 31 March 2024:
- One plot = £75
- Two to ten plots = £60 per plot
- Over ten plots = £50 per plot
- Re-addressing following developer amendments = £50 per affected plot with minimum charge of £200
- Existing property name change = £75
You will be contacted with payment instructions should planning permission be granted. These fees are not subject to VAT.