Skip to main content

Report a planning or building regulations issue

If you believe that there has been a breach of planning control you should report it to our planning compliance team using the online form below..

You will need to advise us of the following:

  • the precise location of the site or property to which the complaint relates
  • the exact nature of your concern
  • the dimensions (height, width and length) of any new structures, fences and outbuildings erected at a domestic property and distance from the property boundary*
  • photographs of the alleged breach
  • if possible, the identity of the person or organisation responsible for the alleged breach
  • when the breach began.

If you do not provide the information required to assist our investigation marked *, this will prevent our ability to investigate your complaint.

In all cases, you will be asked to give your name and address. Your details will be held in confidence and not disclosed, as stated in the Data Protection Act 1998. If you wish to remain anonymous you should submit your complaint through your local councillor or parish council.

Information about what we will investigate and how we investigate planning breaches can be found in our Planning Enforcement Plan.

Non-planning breaches are dealt with by different Council teams or other organisations.