Skip to main content

Planning permission

Page Contents


If you wish for Peterborough City Council to determine whether planning permission is required, you can submit an application to us known as a 'Proposed Certificate of Lawfulness'.

You would need to submit a form and plans for an officer to be able to determine this. A fee is payable for this service details of which can be found on the apply for planning permission web page. It is advisable to use an agent to help you with your application, to make sure the right information is submitted.

Please see the apply for planning permission page to find out more about the requirements.

A Lawful Development Certificate is similar to a planning application in that it creates a legally binding decision. It is particularly useful if you sell your property in the future, as solicitors may ask for this information to show permission was not required for any works to your property.

You may find it useful to read the following links to the Planning Portal website which offers guidance on various projects: