We provide a professional registration service for life's important events such as births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships as well as celebratory services such as citizenship ceremonies, naming ceremonies, and the renewal of marriage vows.
Please note that you can call us on the above number to:
- order a certificate
- book an appointment for a birth or death registration
- book a citizenship ceremony
For all other enquiries, our call centre will take your contact details as we operate a call back service. We aim to return calls for all enquiries within one week although this is very dependent on the volume of calls we receive.
|Monday||9am until 4pm|
|Tuesday||9am until 4pm|
|Wednesday||9am until 4pm|
|Thursday||9am until 6.30pm (telephone enquiries until 6pm only)|
|Friday||10am until 4pm|
|Saturday||By previous appointment only|
Christmas opening hours
|Saturday 21 December 2019||Ceremonies as usual at office & venues|
|Sunday 22 December 2019||Ceremonies as usual at venues On call service 9am to 1pm|
|Monday 23 December 2019||Open 9am to 4pm|
|Tuesday 24 December 2019||Open 9am to 12pm|
|Wednesday 25 December 2019||No on call service|
|Thursday 26 December 2019||On call service 9am to 1pm|
|Friday 27 December 2019||Open 9am to 4pm|
|Saturday 28 December 2019||Ceremonies at usual at office & venues|
|Sunday 29 December 2019||Ceremonies as usual at venues On call service 9am to 1pm|
|Monday 30 December 2019||Open 9am to 4pm|
|Tuesday 31 December 2019||Open 9am to 4pm|
|Wednesday 1 January 2020||On call service 9am to 1pm|
|Thursday 2 January 2020||Open 9am to 4pm|
Please note: that other than welcoming disability assistance dogs, we do not allow animals in the building.
Peterborough Ceremonies Guide
Data protection (GDPR)
The Register Office for Peterborough is required by law to gather data on births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships. We value your privacy and so you can find out more about how we use your data through the Register Office Privacy Notice and the Register Office's list of processing activities.
Free limited car parking is available at the Register Office. Please ensure you allow plenty of time before your appointment as alternative off-site parking may have to be found if all of our allocated parking bays are full.
Suggestions and feedback
In 2016 at the register office there were:
- 84 compliments – a 47% improvement on the previous year so thank you!
- 5 complaints – none upheld
- 214 customer service cards completed for birth registrations and notices of marriage/civil partnership appointments.
Examples of the feedback we've received:
- Birth registration: "The service that the register office provides is perfect. Personally I wouldn’t change anything.”
- Notices of marriage: "The service was really quick and we had our appointment the next day” and “A really lovely service. Thank you!"
- Certificate orders: "The service was very good. No improvement needed."
- Death registration: "You made a difficult job very respectful and helpful – thank you" and “We found [the Registrar] very helpful today, showing us respect & sympathy throughout our visit. Much appreciated.”