We do not provide licenses to people wishing to busk within the city centre. However, any busker wishing to sell his/her pre-recorded tapes or CDs, a street trading consent will need to be applied for. 

Application and fees

Busking in the city centre is not licensed and is free of charge.

Qualifying criteria

Please refer to the code of conduct for full details of busking requirements. 

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before a street trading consent can be granted. If you have not heard from us with a reasonable period (14 calendar days) please contact us. 


It is always advisable to make contact with the City Centre Officer by emailing and giving details of any complaints e.g.; busker conflict, public complaint, etc.