The Application for Approval of Reserved Matters form should be used after an outline planning permision has been granted.
A reserved matters application deals with some or all of the outstanding details of the outline permission, namely:
- appearance - aspects of a building or place which affect the way it looks, including the exterior of the development
- means of access - covers accessibility for all routes to and within the site, as well as the way they link up to other roads and pathways outside the site
- landscaping - the improvement or protection of the amenities of the site and the area and the surrounding area, this could include planting trees or hedges as a screen;
- layout - includes buildings, routes and open spaces within the development and the way they are laid out in relations to buildings and spaces outside the development;
- scale - includes information on the size of the development, including the height, width and length of each proposed building.
The details of the reserved matters application must be in line with the outline approval, including any conditions attached to the permission. Where the outline planning permission contains a condition or conditions requiring that specific information is submitted as part of a reserved matter, when that reserved matter is submitted the required information must also be provided. If your proposals have changed in any way, you may need to reapply for outline or full planning permission.
What you need to submit
The list below details supporting documents that may need to be submitted as part of your application. Please refer to each section below in order to determine whether or not you need to submit it as part of your application.