Full Planning Permission (PF04)

The Application for Planning Permission form should be used for making a detailed planning application for development under Section 62 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended), excluding householder developments.

For the purposes of this form, development includes building, engineering or other works, in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land.

Examples of building works which may require planning permission include:

  • structural alterations of or additions to buildings including:
    - any works relating to a flat,
    - applications to change the number of dwellings (i.e. flat conversions, building a separate house in the garden),
    - changes to use of part or all of the property to non-residential uses,
    - anything outside the garden of the property (i.e. stables in a separate paddock)
  • demolition of buildings
  • rebuilding
  • other work normally undertaken by a builder

Planning permission will also be necessary, in most cases, if there is a proposed change of use of buildings or other land.

The statutory determination period for this type of applicaion is 13 weeks from the date the application is valid for a major development, 8 weeks in all other cases.

Guidance Notes

What you need to submit

The list below details supporting documents that may need to be submitted as part of your application. Please refer to each section below in order to determine whether or not you need to submit it as part of your application.